HW: Re - cd's

Michael P Mccollum mccolmp at MAIL.AUBURN.EDU
Thu Jan 25 14:02:43 EST 1996

On Wed, 24 Jan 1996, J Strobridge wrote:

> > what a bonus track on california brainstorm UK!!
> > AHHH these guys are trying to bankrupt me for sure
> > just got independant days and found it only had a couple versions of
> > tracks i didn't have already-
>
> This is because they are beginning to issue CDs of vinyl that hasn't
> been available for years and, because of that, the tracks have all been
> issued on other compilations several times and long before these
> re-issues.
>
> I'm not quite sure just who are responsible for some of these
> re-issues but it can be a rip-off and it's sometimes worth checking
> codex entries before diving into some of the compilations.
>
> jill

it is a rip-off ! the main reason i ordered indepenant days was for the
live -assault and battery and the other bonus track from the flickknife
black sword version. the liner notes of the griffen independany days
graciously informed me that those two tracks were left off because they
belong more properly with the black sword release- the thing is is that
griffen has already issued black sword with the dojo version bonus tracks!
so does this mean the original bonus tracks will remain unissued in the
u.s.? I would think that being the collector that he is robert godwin
would want to preserve the integrity of the original independant days lps
obviously i'm wrong
griffens latest hawkwind releases have only been of slight necessity
 undisclosed files - mighy hawkwind & independant days
not too mush new here