HW: Business Trip Dated

Stephen Lindsey stephen at SYSTEM9.UNISYS.COM
Fri Jan 26 15:43:20 EST 1996

> Bernhard, thanks for the info.  Certainly an unimpeachable source.  I didn't
> know both it and PALACE SPRINGS were doctored up instead of raw live.  Makes
> the good sound more understandable.   Any feel for how much Dave played with
> it?  If you were there, would you recognized that you heard the track live?
>  Tough call, I know, but nobody said being the best was easy.

I remember my surprise on hearing Business Trip for the first time, I think
its most noticeable in 'Right To Decide'

'hmm - nice drums, nice keyboard work, nice bass, nice guitar....

        Hey wait a minute, yep Alans playing the bass line obviously,
        Richards playing the drums .....

        and Dave is apparently playing a guitar solo with two hands and
        a nice keyboard fill I guess with his toes..

        Neat Trick !!
'

I'm normally against overdubs on live albums, but then the Business Trip
sounds so great that I'll let them off with it.

Cheers,
Steve L.