HW: Business Trip Dated

Le Monsieur Damon dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Fri Jan 26 18:01:48 EST 1996

On Fri, 26 Jan 1996, Stephen Lindsey wrote:
> > Bernhard, thanks for the info.  Certainly an unimpeachable source.  I didn't
> > know both it and PALACE SPRINGS were doctored up instead of raw live.  Makes
> > the good sound more understandable.   Any feel for how much Dave played with
> > it?  If you were there, would you recognized that you heard the track live?
> I remember my surprise on hearing Business Trip for the first time, I think
> its most noticeable in 'Right To Decide'
> 'hmm - nice drums, nice keyboard work, nice bass, nice guitar....
>         Hey wait a minute, yep Alans playing the bass line obviously,
>         Richards playing the drums .....
>         and Dave is apparently playing a guitar solo with two hands and
>         a nice keyboard fill I guess with his toes..

Yeah, well, I must admit that when I first heard Palace Springs (my 2nd
HW album), I thought it was completely studio, since I heard very little
audience... I'm assuming Dave had to mess around quite a bit to get rid
of most of that.  *sigh* Why would anybody want to completely filter out
the audience noise anyway?  It's part of the experience after all.

Damon Capehart          | The Society of Physics Students at UTD
dcapehar at utdallas.edu   | (yes, even though I'm actually a math major)
       --         Call the Physics Friends Hotline.        --
       --       Find out about your special density!       --