Cristabel

Brenda Holloway brendah at MBAY.NET
Sun Jan 28 10:49:50 EST 1996

Andrew A. Apold wrote:

> Anyways, to sum it up two of the books focus on a mystical tropical island,
> a woman who is saved from drowning by the captain of a ship (..."my ship is
> charmed"??  Dunno.  Need more info). Anyways, the titles are:

There's another Christabel - Samuel Coleridge ("Rime of the Ancient Mariner"
and "Kubla Khan", among others) also wrote a long poem titled "Christabel",
about a girl who steals out of the castle of her father and finds "a damsel
bright/Drest in a silken robe of white" named Geraldine who tells a story of
being kidnapped by several men, brought far, and left beneath a tree while they
went off somewhere.

Uh-huh. She's actually a witch who enchants Christabel and has herself brought
into the castle of Christabel's father. The ghost of Christabel's mother tries
to warn and save her daughter, but Geraldine banishes her for the length of her
stay.

Anyway -- doesn't seem to have any direct relationship to the song, but... who
knows? I haven't finished the poem yet.

Brenda

---
[]]]]]]]] Brenda Holloway       brendah at mbay.net [[[[[[[[]
[[ ]]]]]]  Sony New Technologies, Monterey, CA   [[[[[[ ]]
[[[  ]]]]    http://www.sonysoft.com/brenda/     [[[[  ]]]
[[[[  ]]]     http://www.mbay.net/~brendah/      [[[  ]]]]
[[[[[   ] C Coder. C Coder Run. Run, Coder, Run. [   ]]]]]