BOC, BRAIN: Questions? -> Answers!

Mon Jan 29 08:48:50 EST 1996

Just got through a bunch of posts on BOC-L, and it appears we have some
new members, or returning old members.  Also, there was a question
regarding BOC videos.  For those of you who don't know, I just wanted
to let you know that there is a BOC FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
available which may answer many of the questions you ask.  There's stuff
about *Imaginos* in there, the past and current line-ups, a comprehensive
discography, lots of fun facts to impress your friends, as well as info
on videos, the meanings behind some of the songs, and where on the 'net
you can find other BOC stuff.  I'm the editor of this document, and I
got lots of input from fellow (past and present) BOC-L members, and lots
of proof-reading by Bolle Gregmar, head of the BOC fanclub - who knows
more about the band in some cases than they do (Eric Bloom used to say,
"Bolle is The Blue Oyster Cult - we're just the band").  Also, as the
editor, I'm always looking for more things to cram into this already
massive document (by the way, version 2.1 should be coming out next
month), so if anyone has additions or corrections, please let me know
by sending e-mail to:  jswartz at mitre.org

To access the FAQ, you can use FTP to the BOC-L archives at ftp.spc.edu,
and the FAQ is located in the BOC-L directory (current version is
identified as "BOC_FAQ-2_0.TXT"), or if you have a web browser, it is
available at the following locations:

          ftp://ftp.spc.edu
          http://fraze.ncsa.uiuc.edu/testpage.html
          http://polyphemus.engin.umich.edu/boc-l/

And here's some more cool web pages with BOC stuff:

          http://www.clark.net/pub/mileskb
          http://pages.prodigy.com/PA/robo/robo1.html
          http://users.aol.com/kenvt/boc.html
          http://www.sony.com/Music/ArtistInfo/BOC/index.html

Also, for you BOC fans that are new to the list, I must put in a plug
for one of my favorite bands, The Brain Surgeons.  Fronted by BOC-L
members Albert Bouchard (yes, THAT Albert Bouchard) and Deborah Frost
(you want to talk about VOCALS?), this band has two highly acclaimed
CDs out (*Eponymous* and *Trepanation*) of excellent music which I
highly recommend to BOC fan and non-fan alike.  If you can't find their
discs in a store near you (*Eponymous* was released on the Ripe and Ready
label in 1994, and *Trepanation* will be hitting the stores on the same
label next month), you can write directly to the Brain Surgeons' original
label, "Cellsum Records" at:

Cellsum,
P.O. Box 1070
Fort George Station