OFF: My UK trip

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Mon Jan 29 13:29:41 EST 1996

> Gidday All,
>
> Just a quick question for the UK BOC-L'ers. Is there any particular
> stores which I should visit during my day off in London?

Record stores?    Yep go straight to HMV in Oxford Street, forgo all
others, do not spend more than 100 pounds.....   And don't bother with
Virgin (IMO) - still there might be something worth finding there, you
never know

There are, however, a couple of smaller 2nd hand shops round the back of
Oxford Street at the HMV end.  Go up a little lane called Hannway Street
and pay attention to everything you find there.   Vinyl Solutions (I
think that's their name) is the best known but there's a dingy one next
door to it (whose name I always forget but invariably holds lost and
wondrous rarities in its shady recesses) - although it only ever opens
at mysterious times of its own, never to be deduced by the unsuspecting
Gen. Public.   There's a third one nearer the Oxford Street end that
used to be good but is now more general and popular in terms of its
stock.

Have fun

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk