OFF: Re: Hawkzine #4/MM

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Jan 29 14:03:33 EST 1996

> >         Heck, music is a business, after all--they are supposed to be
> > trying to make money.
>
> Glad to see the spirit of the sixties lives on ... :-)  (only joking)

        Amusingly enough, I once read an interview with the Grateful Dead,
archetypical spirits of the 60s that they were, in which they were asked
why they got into rock music.  They admitted that after the phenomenal
success of the Beatles they were hoping to make a lot of money and get
women to scream for them ;)

        Well, it took them 20 years before they made a lot of money.
Can't really say how successful they were at getting women to scream
for them ... ;)

Cheers,
Carl