OFF: Atlanta/Ozrics

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Tue Jan 30 14:06:54 EST 1996

(whew! Back on at last!)

CHOMP!

> you better go - i'd love to have these guys playing down the street(same
> country even) from me! Anyone know of any good shows coming up soon in
> the atlanta area?
Like what? There ain't nothing good on the radar screen that I've seen
coming up. _Supposedly_ Jean-Michel Jarre is/was going to do an Atlanta
extravaganza, but I haven't seen or heard anything from any local sourse.
Other than that, nada...

> BTW what was the consensus on the new ozrics album?
> this guy here told me his friend who has it really dislikes it. i can't
> imagine why but before i shell out some cash i'd like to know what others
> thought.
>
>  -mike psyche

I took a while to warm up to it, 'cuz this one dosen't grab you the way that
Strangitudes/Jurassic/Erpland did. Oh, the opening track, "Cat DNA" is a
full-throttle OT rocker, ala "White Rhino Tea", but the rest of the disk
is more subtle, overall. Kinda like the Ozrics stopped to take a breath,
y'know?

Maybe your buddies buddy will sell you the CD real cheap, since he dosen't
like it???

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyratl.ga.pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, A Siemens-Nixdorf Company
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Suite 400