almost HW stuff

Dr. Big Mike Light M.S.Wright at READING.AC.UK
Wed Jan 31 05:17:01 EST 1996

Dear all,
  here are 2 bits of nearly off topic stuff that you don't really want to
know.

1. There is a book written by John Gill, entitled 'Hype!', which I
obviously had to read as it had the tag lines 'sex and drugs and alcohol',
'the making of a band' and 'a bad trip you can call your own'. Well it is
a dreadful book, unsure of what it wants to be. It tells the story of a
hippy revival, the movement entitled the New Aquarians, led by a band
called Kenny & the Merry Pranksters. The only other thing of interest
(other than the book's title) is a PR party where

'A DJ had set up his decks in a room off the hall, and was currently
playing early Hawkwind records at near deafening volume', after a while
the journalist says
'Let's go for a walk. Hawkwind records make me nervous.'

2. OK, so I'm not sure I want to be quite this sad as to type this in,
and henceforth be known as the saddest man on boc-l, but hey why not.

On the new Tori Amos album (I'm only borrowing it from my mother [who
cannot be all bad as she took me to Watchfield festival]) she thanks her
travel agent, who is Dave Brock at Trinifold Travel, London.

OK, that's it.

Mike w