HW: New Stuff?!?

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Wed Jan 31 10:26:05 EST 1996

Greetings from rainy Atlanta!

_FINALLY_ got my hands on Brocks' _Strange_Trips_&_Pipe_Dreams_ and the
new version of _ASAM_ (with the three extra tracks, "Dreams Of Isis",
"Back On The Streets" & "Honkey Dorkey"). Haven't yet spun the ASAM CD
yet, but the Brock CD, from what little I heard on the commute in this
AM sounded great! It is the best thing that I have heard outta Mr. Brock
_or_ HW in many a moon (at least since _Electric_Tepee_). Ya gotta get
this one!

As far as ASAM, I'm already familiar with the bonus tracks, so they won't
be a surprise. It may have to wait until some of the new Italian prog CD's
get finished spinnin'. Only thing that I am expecting is the sound quality
to be different (hopefully, much better!). Don't really like the changes
made to the CD artwork; the treatment of the "stone hawk" in the booklet
is a little too frivolus and the deletion of the magazine title header
on the back cover is uncalled for (IMHO). Oh well, I still have the LP
and original CD for that artwork!

Still no sign of _Alien_Am_I_ or Simon Houses' _Yassassim_. (Hey Griffen,
when are ya' gonna release _AAI_ as a domestic, huh?!? You are losing
sales, bud!) has anyone seen a copy of Yassassim anywhere? Spiral Galaxies'
_Crystal_Jungles_Of_Eos_ has been spending quite a bit of time in the deck,
_nice_ e-music! Haven't found Farflung yet, nor any Anubian Nights either.
Best Buys, which used to be a great source for things Hawkwind-ish, has
been pretty bad in getting new stuff in (financial difficulties, y'know).
However, they did have a good stock of Eloy (including the fairly recent
"Tides Return Forever", which gets a two-thumbs up _and_ a snap-snap!
rating), so maybe there's hope. But, there is a trip to San Jose next
week and the stores that do stock the good stuff beckon!

What else is in the pipeline for things of a Hawkwind nature (been off
the list for a few weeks...)?

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyratl.ga.pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, A Siemens-Nixdorf Company
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Suite 400