BOC-L Digest - 17 Jan 1996Mike Watt Agian

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Tue Jan 30 16:00:00 EST 1996

Thanx for the reply Bryan. I just rec'd this today, talk about snail mail.
 Was thumbing thru the Funkadelic FAQ/Discography and saw that Watt had
recorded a cover.  There was no mention of Bernie Worrell appearing on the
album though.  How does it sound?

> Is anyone familiar with Mike Watt's cover of the song Maggot Brain?  I
> believe it appears on an album called Ball Hog orTugboat?  Any help would
be
> appreciated.
>

>That's right, _Ball Hog or Tugboat?_.  Maggot Brain is a Funkadelic song
from
>their album of the same name.  On Mike Watt's version, the ex-Funkadelic
>keys player Bernie Worrell plays keys, and J.Mascis of Dinosaur Jr. plays
the
>lead guitar.
>-Bryan

Quick Notes:  The next directory update should occur around Feb 9, 1996.
 New subscribers can be listed on the voluntary directory by sending to me
directly (please do not post to the list) information in the following
format:

Name:
Handle:
E-mail Address:
Primary Band: (either HW or BOC whichever was the reason for joining the
list.)

Also John or Al or Deb, radio guy I talked to wanted to know where he could
get a promo of the Brain Surgeons.  I think John published the address for
the "write the mags campaign", but I can't seem to find it.

Five in the Player Recently

Operation Mindcrime (Queensryche)
Gary Hoey (Gary Hoey)
Workshop of the Telescopes (BOC)