HW: Griffin Alien4

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Tue Jul 2 23:10:46 EDT 1996

rj hints....

> > The Griffin _Alien4_ finally appeared.  It isn't an actual Griffin release,
> > but is an EBS import with the little sticker that says "distributed by
> > Griffin music, made in the UK".  It is one of those deals where Griffin
> > kindly distributes it in the USA at domestic USA prices.

> Brock said at one of the gigs that they are at odds with griffin at
> present.  It seems that griffin has been underselling them in europe.

I don't know what this means exactly, but whatever it is, it's completely
asinine.  How the band and it's management gets into such a tiff with a record
company that (for once) actually does them so much good over many years is
beyond me.  I'm not saying that I can't possibly believe that they (Griffin)
might *have* actually done them some small amount of harm in this tactic
(whatever it is).  It's just that HW has been ripped off by so many
people/labels in the past to such a huge degree, that anything Griffin
could/would do additional to that seems like it would be a piss in the ocean.

And like how many discs would they have sold in the US without a stable
domestic record deal from 1987 - 1996??  About 10% of what they have, that's
what.  And that's probably equalled by the UK/Europe Kollectors on this list
who have bought Griffin imports.

Stupid!  26 years on...and counting....

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S. Now, Cleopatra might be another story....

ObCD:  Udu Wudu - Magma