HW: Love On 2 CDs

Damon C Capehart dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Mon Jul 8 13:31:54 EDT 1996

I just figured out the following from the web page (since I don't have
the album yet):

CD-1 clocks in at approx. 48:18,
CD 2 clocks in at approx. 41:11.

Now, that means that each disk of Love In Space in only slightly more
than half-filled with hawkmusic.

Hawkwind have been known (recently, anyway) for being plenty more
efficient with their albums.  Albums like Tepee, Business, Business Trip,
and ALLIEENN 4 each contained over an hour of music.

As most of you know, a CD has room enough for 80:00 of music.  LIS could
have very easily been cut 10 minutes to fit a single CD.  Certainly HW
didn't have to include yet another live version of Death Trap/Wastelands
/AYLYM?, especially when one was included on the previous album, released
less than a year before (that's 9:25 right there).  And certainly we can
do without yet another version of Welcome (2:10, leaving LIS with 77:54,
just enough to fill a single CD and save bundles, both to the
manufacturer on wasted plastic, and of course to the consumer).  And if
you don't like the prospect of losing "Welcome", then certainly we could
do without any number of the tracks that are - what - 90% studio
sequences anyway.

What do you think?

Damon Capehart        | "I think we should eliminate semicolons from the
aka Le Monsieur       |  English language; nobody uses them anymore
dcapehar at utdallas.edu |  anyway." - one of Dilbert's anonymous coworkers