Off; Roswell Fest 96

jean l delacour delacour at UNM.EDU
Tue Jul 9 14:19:48 EDT 1996

  This is perhaps just a little off topic, but Jean & I drove down to Roswell
 this weekend to attend the UFO Encounter Fest '96.  There was much to see
 and do.

  First of all, there were numerous lectures by such UFO experts as Micheal
 Lindemann & Bud Hopkins.  They were very convincing and insightful.  They
 pointed out that it is COMMON KNOWLEDGE within the scientific community now
 that ETI's are infact out there.  Furthermore, the ufologists stated that
 it has been proven recently that we can infact travel at a warp speed and
 within this warp one can slow or speed up time factors.  This has always
 been a point of contention from dubunkers of the ufo phenomemon.  I don't
 recall the name of the person who has come up with the formula to travel at
 warp speeds.

  There were also alot of people who claim to have been abducted by aliens.
 This seems to be the most discussed topic within the ufo community as of
 late.  However, I find it difficult to believe some of these abduction
 stories.  I need to see hard facts and findings recarding abductions.

  In addition, Lindemann stated that, as we speak, there is a very big ufo
 story happening in Brazil.  It is as big as the Roswell incident of 1947,
 and the US is attempting to censor all reports regarding the capture of two
 injured ET's in a small village outside of Sao Paulo, Brazil.  American ufo
 experts are down there right now, and they have all reported that this is
 MAJOR evidence of aliens visiting our planet.

  In closing, there was a concert on the last night of the festival, some guy
 named Emilio (never heard of him).  Anyways, next year will be the 50th Ann-
 iversary of the Roswell incident, and the 25th Anniversary of BOC.  Wouldn't
 it be coooool to have BOC playing such songs as Astronomy, ETI, and Take Me
 Away under a warm New Mexico night.  Suddenly, we see a star.  And the star
 is getting bigger and bigger, and it now turns into a big pulsating disk
 over your heads. And a voice says; " Earth People, how would you like to come
 with us right now ....."  Take me away intro, BOC

 God bless....

 Manuel

 Jean Delacour
 University of New Mexico