Off; Roswell Fest 96

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Wed Jul 10 11:07:01 EDT 1996

jean l delacour writes:

>   First of all, there were numerous lectures by such UFO experts as Micheal
>  Lindemann & Bud Hopkins.  They were very convincing and insightful.  They
>  pointed out that it is COMMON KNOWLEDGE within the scientific community now
>  that ETI's are infact out there.

Who's this "scientific community"? It's commonly believed that it is
*probable* that there are other intelligences but not a lot of people
suppose that they visit little old us.

>  Furthermore, the ufologists stated that
>  it has been proven recently that we can infact travel at a warp speed and
>  within this warp one can slow or speed up time factors.

There's some math that suggest this isn't impossible. The sorts of
technologies you;d need to do it are pretty mind boggling though. We
definitely don't have the capacity to mess with black holes in the way
you'd need to to do this. Nor do we have any kind of means of creating
artificial gravity fields.

> This has always
>  been a point of contention from dubunkers of the ufo phenomemon.  I don't
>  recall the name of the person who has come up with the formula to travel at
>  warp speeds.

I know a formula that'd get us to Sirius: Distance = speed x time.

All we need now is a spacecraft....

>   There were also alot of people who claim to have been abducted by aliens.

There are a lot of people who claim to have been visited by
Jesus/fairies/Men in Black and Noggin The Nog.

Then again. A gazillion flies eat shit. Would you?

>  This seems to be the most discussed topic within the ufo community as of
>  late.  However, I find it difficult to believe some of these abduction
>  stories.

They're kinda fun when they involve kinky sex with aliens though..

> I need to see hard facts and findings recarding abductions.

Don't wait up.

>   In addition, Lindemann stated that, as we speak, there is a very big ufo
>  story happening in Brazil.  It is as big as the Roswell incident of 1947,
>  and the US is attempting to censor all reports regarding the capture of two
>  injured ET's in a small village outside of Sao Paulo, Brazil.  American ufo
>  experts are down there right now, and they have all reported that this is
>  MAJOR evidence of aliens visiting our planet.

Alternatively it's major evidence that Sao Paulo needs some tourist cash.

Mike "Man In Black" Holmes