HW: NEWS FLASH !!!!

Hawkwind Star_rats at HAWKWIND.COM
Wed Jul 10 19:57:02 EDT 1996

At 04:19 PM 7/8/96 -0400, you wrote:
>On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, Doug wrote:
>
>> Sonic Attack and Choose Your Masques will be released on CD in about
>> a month or so on Griffin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>A month is time aplenty for Doug Smith to unleash a squad of his elite
>Disruption Kommandoes to fly across the Atlantic, surround and seize the
>Griffin warehouse, and smash all the copies of the CDs with large, shiny
>sledgehammers lest they fall into the hands of salivating Hawkfans... :-)
>
>Anyway, it's lucky that there's no palindromically-titled individuals
>subscribed to this list affiliated with DS who could apprise him of this
>"covert operation," isn't it? ;-)

I'm shocked, and isn't 'palindrome' a dirty word?:)

As it happens, I'm suprised that so many people think Doug is out to stop
the band making money, as this is his main role for band. The only reason
Doug would put a stop to the Griffin releases is if they don't pay royalties
or haven't negotiated a contract that is acceptable. Who knows what goes on
behind the scenes. It would be great if these CD's could be available to the
public, but the band's interests have to be considered.

Yours,
        Star_rats