OFF: SETI, ETs

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Jul 11 04:41:45 EDT 1996

> *proven*?  Surely "theorised" would be more accurate? Even Einstein's
> _Theory_of Relativity or Darwin's _Theory_ of Evolution havn't made it
> to _Laws_ yet. As in Law of Gravity etc.

        Gravity is probably only a "Law" because no one understands how
it works :)   "Er, masses attract."  "Why?"  "Er, well, they just sort of

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                            *  "Ar det inte ett
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             *   fritt land?"
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    *
Dept. of ASNAC Studies, Cambridge U.            *   -- Pippi Langstrump