HW: NEWS FLASH !!!!

Duane Hoyt aa5287 at FREENET.LORAIN.OBERLIN.EDU
Thu Jul 11 06:20:52 EDT 1996

>        Mind you, my own deeply jaundiced views have been improved
>somewhat by the amazing EMI re-masters and the solstice gig with the
>Ozrics.  Now if everyone was really on top of it there should be a
>joint HW/Ozrics US tour since demand is high for both and there are
>a great deal of crossover among the fans actually.
>
>        Better yet would be for HW to take the offer of a tour with
>Monster Magnet and set up for a Lallapalooza-type space-rock road
>show with the Ozrics and gods-know-who-else in the States.  That
>would be brilliant.

It seems to me the time is right for such an endevour(sp?) With the popularity
of Independence Day (blockbuster of the summer according to sales figures)
and other Alien abduction/invasion type things, what better time to try
and get more exposure for the last HW release. A knowledgeable manager
would be on top of this situation, and would be out there trying to get
as much media attention as possible. How about a radio edit of one of the
songs from A4? Get some airplay on some of the progressive/rock stations?
A project like a space-rock road show, if properly dealt with could put
HW back in the spotlight, where they deserve to be since they ARE the
absolute best band in this solar system!

I remember back in 73, the Space Ritual tour was being promoted by the
record company, with radio airplay to support it. I first heard Sonic
attack and TWL on the radio, and have ben hooked since. If I recall,
wasn't this the peak of HW's popularity?

Duane

--
"There's a Starman waiting in the sky,
 he'd like to come and meet us,