OFF: SETI, ETs

Stephen Swann swann at MINDVOX.COM
Thu Jul 11 14:39:36 EDT 1996

Paul Mather writes:

> Guido wrote:
>
> > > The more I hear about this flick, the more it seems like "President Rambo
> > > versus the Flying Saucers".  Think I'll give it a miss!
> >
> > I'd like to see it, though hopefully at the matinee . . . (is it worth
> > >$6.00?)
>
> I'd like to see it, too, from what I've heard, though hopefully at the
> local second-run cinema (75c on Tuesdays, $1-$2 other days). . . :-)

Unless your second run theatre is Dolby equipped, and rents good
quality (i.e. not tattered) prints, then don't wait.  This movie
is all visual and auditory extravaganza.  You won't be seeing
it for the standout dramatic performances, or the subtleties of
the plot.

Would you pay $8.00 to watch somebody blow up Washington DC?  :)

Steve
swann at panix.com