US Touring problems

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Fri Jul 12 11:05:56 EDT 1996

Keith A Henderson wrote:
> The palindromic astral rodent puts forth...
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We would really like to take this side of things out of the promoters hands
> > and set up some gigs ourselves. Hawkwind would then have more control over
> > promotion and ticket sales. This isn't an easy job but there must be someone
> > out there that could set this up. I've already had one offer from a guy (not
> > on the list) and we are following up his lead.
> >
> > If anyone has any ideas/links/contacts, please contact me and we'll take it
> > from there.

> 2) Chicago -- I'm sure Jim Collins of Tentacles of Erpland is in the know about
>    getting in contact with the right people.  All I can add is my wish that
>    they would get to play in the Metro, rather than in the Cubby Bear place
>    down the street, which was too small.  The *other* Chicago HW gig I saw was
>    in an even worse place (the Thirsty Whale), which has now been replaced by a
>    McDonalds.

Last time Hawkwind played in Chicago, it was at the Park West, which
is not a bad venue at all.  I would guess that it is the same size or
maybe even a little bigger than the Metro.  I have a couple of friends
here in Chicago that used to work in some of the clubs here doing
bookings.  I can talk to them to see what I can find out.

Star_rats, how soon is this information needed?

Frank