US Touring problems

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Fri Jul 12 13:31:48 EDT 1996

> Then we need to consider the band's accomodation. Can they be put up  near
> to the venue and what sort of hotel is it? They don't need a 5 star hotel,
> but it should be comforatble.

        Often fans will be more than happy to provide crash space if they
are in the area.  I helped out some friends in a band from CA once or
twice when they came through Boston that way.
        Even if they can't fit the whole band, they can at least take
the load off the motel bills.  No point in overlooking a free bed, shower,
and breakfast!

> Equipment is another source of concern as things like drum kits, bass rigs
> and guitar amps are generally hired out from a local supplier. This cuts
> down the cost of shipping the gear out by plane. The list of equipment would
> be supplied by the band in advance should a gig come off.

        Perhaps Hawkwind could hook up with some of the bands in the States
that have fans of HW in them and work out a deal with them to rent the gear
cheap off of them?  Of course, they'd have less choice on gear that
way (might kill off the sequencers though ;) :)

        And I still vote for a Monster Magnet/Ozrics/Hawkwind tour.
Heck, throw in Nik as well if he's hooked up with Uncle Doug :)
And they can all come out and jam onstage at the end :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)