Hawkwind Comix!!!

Christian Mumford mumford at EUNET.NO
Fri Jul 12 17:17:08 EDT 1996

Hi, Windheads!

Anybody remember the Grateful Dead comix from Kitchen Sink that adapted
GD tunes into comix? I'm a freelance comics/artist (horror stuff for
Boneyard in USA and various Norwegian humor-comics) and have had this
idea for years to do the same thing with Hawkwind... Their material is
ideal for comix and I'm surprised no-one has done this before (unless
you count parts of the HW logbook). Any other artists out there
interested in helping me putting together an anthology comic book (with
HW's permission, of course) of adaptations of HW tunes....? The
songs/poems I'd love to adapt are "The Awakening", "Master of the
Universe", "Spirit of the Age", "In the Egg" and "High Rise"... I do a
lot of commercial art _crap_ these days to make a living, but if there's
enough interest in this, I'd love to put my heart back into underground
sci-fi type stuff again in my spare time, and I'd love to work with any
other artists out there as well.

But, I'm sure there'd be plenty of legal hassle with the copyrighted
material... I don't see this as a commercial venture, but a non-profit
fun project (like the T-shirts or covers tapes) among fans as a B&W
photocopy book... about 22 pgs. perhaps with maybe a one or two-color
cover.

I've already started on sketches for "Master of the Universe" and
"Spirit of the Age", by the way....

Christian

ObComic: _Roarin' Rick's Rare Bit Fiends_
ObChemical: _DXM_