Latest news on Roswell

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Mon Jul 15 11:53:34 EDT 1996

>Correct me if I'm wrong but Roswell's the desert, yes? What's needed for
>a festival then is water, toilets and permission to gather without the
>National Guard busting heads. We'll bring the rest.

Roswell in the middle of July can be fairly miserable, temps in the 90's
would be expected,
with bad luck it might be in the 100's.  Now that I know the dates, I'd
definitely keep to the
 mountains nearby to camp rather then Roswell itself...    Odds are it won't
rain, as
there isn't much rain in the area, but what there is usually falls at this
time of year,
during their "monsoon" season...  Don't worry, what passes for a monsoon
there isn't
that much.

It would be preferable for any outdoor music activities to be held after
dark, when it does
cool down considerably (it is, afterall, a decent height above sea level...)

Here is the current forecast for Roswell, set a few days after when it would
be next year:

 ROSWELL                     N90  U60S M90S       /   (10% chance of rain)

That's today high near 90f (32c), tonight low in the upper 60f's (upper
teens c), with tommorow
in the mid 90's f (about 35c).    Right now it's a bit cooler than normal,
about as cool as you can expect in the summer.

by comparison, Cloudcroft (near where I'll be camping the rest of this week,
and maybe next year for this event) is much cooler:

 CLOUDCROFT                  U60S U40S N70

hmmmm that's almost too chilly.  But right now it's as I said cooler than
normal.  There are days when Cloudcroft reaches 90,  and Roswell gets over
100...

Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Guildmaster of Reeves                          of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)