Roswell Festival Update

Hawkwind Star_rats at HAWKWIND.COM
Tue Jul 16 01:00:37 EDT 1996

Hi all,
        I spoke to the promoter in charge of the Roswell event this morning
and the news could have been better. The event has been put into the hands
of a New York agent that has not heard of Hawkwind and is trying to get
'real superstars' for the gig. I bit my lip and told him something about the
band and he seemed interested in putting them on the 'B list' stage.

The 'real superstars' he was refering to included Sheryl Crow; can't
remember the others.

Anyway, we shall have to see what develops here after Doug has talked to
them. It seems to me that the agent in question didn't really know that much
about what the festival was r eally about and is just interested in getting
some easy exposure to other acts on his client list.

Let's just hope he really does have an open mind and knows his job!!!

Yours,
        Star-rats