Roswell Festival Update

Guido Vacano gvacano at BEAVER.MBB.WESLEYAN.EDU
Tue Jul 16 20:10:21 EDT 1996

Carl says--

>         It sounds especially looney seeing as Sheryl Crow was a featured
> attraction on the the HORDE tour a couple of years ago!  Scott Heller
> and I saw her band come on before the Allmans (great band, but an odd
> choice for HORDE, I thought).

King Crimson is currently doing the HORDE thing, which I thought was a
bit weird. But while this may increase the ranks of KC fans, I doubt that
it would do the same for Hawkwind (IMHO, it just ain't the right crowd).
Let's face it--much as we love 'em, Hawkwind is an aquired taste! :-)

I hope the Roswell concert turns out well (though it doesn't look
promising). It's a pity that promoters can't get past the MTV thing, and
realize that there really are people who like original and challenging
music, and are a bit underwhelmed by "artists" like Sheryl Crow.

Guido

obCDplayer--Thrang Thrang Gozinbulx by The League of Gentlemen

--
If nothing is done, then all will be well.  -- Lao Tse