HW: U.S. Tour, VENUES (Dallas)

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK
Wed Jul 17 05:42:19 EDT 1996

Jerry wrote:

> them out for you? I know I saw a TV story about a minvan that drove itself
> (I think using GIS data). It travelled one or two thousand miles -
> tho it only went 45MPH or so and stuck mainly to Interstate type roads (I
> think it had a problem with the way some offramps were designed).

Hmmm... time for some corporate advertising methinks :-)

Daimler Benz developed a transputer-based system (OSCAR) which they
claim has successfully travelled up and down various autobahns. Some
information can be found from our (frame-based, sorry!) web site at

http://ntsc.shef.ac.uk

follow the links to *An Introduction to Parallel Processing with
Transputers*. Please feel free to look around the rest of the site
and contact us if you need cheap  high quality parallel programmers
or consultants :-))

Chris Bates
Researcher - Parallel Database Systems
National Transputer Support Centre