I'm Here

Bill Stewart Stewartbas at AOL.COM
Wed Jul 17 13:30:02 EDT 1996

Lets see, I got back from London on June 30th and it is now July 17. 17 days
to get back to ' normal '. The last time HW toured the states it only took me
10 days to recover. I reckon that when I see HW when I'm Brock's age no one
will hear from me for about a year. RJ and Karyn (travelling companions
extraodanaire) sent me a couple hundred color glossies taken on the HW tour
last week and this helped immensely in alleviating my doldrums.
The entire tour was beyond my most optimistic expectations and it was made
all the more special by by the BOCers we met along the way. On behalf of my
wife Beverly and myself I would like to thank all of you for being so
gracious and hospitable--here gos Carl A., Rob S.(2X), Dave B., Mike W.,
Jazzo, Mike H.(2X), Jill S.(2X), Jerry S., Andy G. Did I leave anyone out or
add anyone who  wasn't there? (if so please e-mail me back--Ive got my
reasons). The first night at Brixton I was working on about 3 Hrs sleep in
48Hrs so I might be a bit confused.
After the Brixton show we were literally taken under the Hawkwind wing. The
guys in the band were genuinely touched that we travelled such great
distances to see them. Yep it was the ole red carpet treatment the entire
tour, backstage passes, offers of crash space, transportation--the whole nine
yards. I was thrilled .
As far as how I liked the  actual shows, let's just say I ve been planning
this tour since 1974 so I could never be objective. But, the show in
Guildford was probably the best HW show I have seen since the HotmG tour in
74. Of course by that time I was completely done in by the
atmosphere--Sitting dead center in a very low balconey-front row- wife to the
left of me, RJ and Karyn to the right, all access passes pasted to our
shirts, and a BIG FAT Joint supplied by a Hawklord who will remain nameless.
 Just like in the Beer commercials--It Don't Get Better Than This!!!!

Does Hawkwind usually tour Europe in the Autumn? I'm not waiting 22 years to
do this again. In the mean time if anyone is planning a trip here let me
know, I'm right outside NYC and would love to hook up. Thanks again all!

regards,
Bill Stewart

PS RJ-Seaside? I'll call you---goin to Cape Cod tommorrow