HW: can anyone access Calvert page?

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Wed Jul 17 22:12:45 EDT 1996

On Thu, 18 Jul 1996, Assassin Sonique wrote:

> > Btw, the URL I tried was http://www.thing.de/projekte/future/welcome.htm
> > (I also tried it with an "l" on the end).
>
> Have you tried http://www.thing.de/projekte/future/index.html ?

The plot thickens... today, in the dept., I tried accessing that URL
using Netscape.  Out of five attempts, *once* it managed to load *some*
of the page (before grinding to a halt).  The other times it complained
about not being able to connect to the host.  Consecutive "traceroute"s
had connectivity to the site up and down like a yo-yo.

Apart from the baffling behaviour, I can only surmise that the pages'
author needs to find himself a mirror site with decent connectivity---and
fast!  It'd be a shame for a good resource like this to limit its audience
just through a relatively poor host.  (Or is it just me?  Does everyone
else manage to access this site without any problems?)

Cheers,

Paul.

obNauseatingHype: The USA Olympic Basketball "Dream Team"

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.