Covers Tapes: Thanks!!

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Thu Jul 18 16:45:32 EDT 1996

On 18-JUL-1996 06:02:01.8 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >The Spacemen 3 song "Revolution" - is it actually a HW song, or does it
   >just sound like one?? I have the very same song on an early Mudhoney EP
   >from about '88 or so called "Hate The Police" - same lyrics, same tune,
   >but no credits. Who actually wrote this song - was it Hawkwind (there
   >appears some non-HW stuff on the covers tapes)...or Mudhoney....or
   >Spacemen 3??? I believe Spacemen 3's "Playing with Fire" came out in '88
   >as well.

I've never heard Mudhoney, but on this track, SM3 lift (hmmm...or should I
say drop?) the Do That riff. There's also some lyrics that sound like the
intro to MC5's KOtJ album... I see one of their CDs all the time, and it
also (along w/Revoultion) has covers (actually credited, at that)
of MC5's "Starship" and 13th Fl.
Elevators' "Rollacoaster".

Another question: Airport 75 doing "Brainstorm" -- this is pre-Monster
Magnet, right?

Chuck
`[1;35;44mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive