HW: HW + MM

SKARSOL skarsol at EROLS.COM
Thu Jul 18 13:52:02 EDT 1996

Paul Mather wrote:

> Steve writes:
>
> > Come to think of it, that Hawkwind / Monster Magnet tour we were
> > discussing a while back would probably do them more good in the
> > U.S. than a pop festival.  MM is pretty big stuff these days.  I bet a
> > lot of their fans don't know Hawkwind, but would like the Hawks a lot,
> > if they ever heard them.
>
> Yeah, especially if the Hawks join MM on stage for a 23 minute jam on
> "Brainstorm."  But then again, "Brainstorm" is a "Turner song" so maybe HW
> wouldn't like doing that.  And of course there's the problem of HW blowing
> MM off the stage and embarrassing them with their sheer BLANGA
> superiority... :-)

if i have interpreted the following quote correctly,
there is also the problem of convicing wyndorf that hw is competent to play that song
with them.when asked to contribute a piece for a tribute album, response was...  I
quote: "we'd like to do it,but we've got this exclusive major label contract and
publishing deal...our new version of the song is better, anyway." dw,new jersey,  quoted
from assassins of silence hundred watt violence.

i understand that he may have meant that they (mm) recorded two ver. of the tune,but
i THINK he meant it the other way. feel free to correct me if you have better info.
also, i think dave b. would get a little upset w/ dave w. for stumbling all over the
equiptment while pretending to be smashed.
rj