HW: HW + MM

Duane Hoyt aa5287 at FREENET.LORAIN.OBERLIN.EDU
Fri Jul 19 06:18:56 EDT 1996

>> It was played much too fast and rushed in the last US tour also.
>> Having seen both HW and Nik the same year, and both doing YSDT, Nik's
>> was MUCH better.
>
>As a version of YSDT, it isn't much cop, but I think of it as effectively
>a different song.  Interspersed between Green Finned Demon and The Day A
>Wall Came Down, it's hard and fast and danceable, and I like it.  It
>exploits the riff well.  But as a standalone piece, it wouldn't work.
>
>Dave.

When HW did it here (Cleve) they started out with MotU, and went
directly into YSDT, almost as a medley, both being too rushed.  I don't mind
a fast version, but this one almost seemed to be more in the line of "let's
get these two songs done and over as quickly as possible." That was the
main complaint about this show, some folks felt that the band was rushing
through the whole show.

Duane