HW: Assassins and You Shouldn't

Stephen Swann swann at MINDVOX.COM
Fri Jul 19 09:17:16 EDT 1996

M Holmes writes:

> J Strobridge writes:
>
> > Stephen Swann writes:
> >
> > > The song that disappointed me on the last tour (aside from sticking
> > > the ambient bit in the middle of Hassan I Sahba)
> >
> > Can't understand why people dislike this so much!
>
> Absolutely. Assassins/Space Is..  has been the major highlight of a
> couple of tours.

I guess that explains why I didn't enjoy the past tour nearly as much
as the one from 92(?).  :-) *That* version of Hassan I Sabha was the
encore to end all encores.  Possibly the best thing I've ever heard in
concert.

The truth is that on the last tour, about half of the concert was
disposable, from my very biased perspective.  I just don't like
90's Hawkwind ambient music.  I like Hawkwind, I like some ambient.
But I don't like Hawkwind's ambient (lately, anyway).

Steve
swann at panix.com