Roswell camping

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Jul 24 17:03:01 EDT 1996

Just got back from spending a week camping about 45 minutes to the west of
Roswell,
it was very nice high up in the Sacramento mts/Lincoln National Forest, nice
pine
forest, cool to chilly at night, generally warm during the days (though we
got some
brief hail one day).  Had to go down the mountain to the level of Roswell a
couple
times, the temperature was about 20 degrees warmer and I'm not sure I'd want
to camp there.  The area I was at was in a series of camping areas run by a
group called Blake's Company; they charge $3/night to camp.  One of the sites
has hot showers for $3.00.   The site I stayed at was known as Sleepygrass, and
was very nice.

Side note - I am usually there for an annual gathering of Amtgard, which is the
group that my signature (which I'm sure you all ignore by now) refers to....
The
sleepygrass site had about
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Guildmaster of Reeves                          of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm