HW : Solstice Reconstructions

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Jul 25 06:11:35 EDT 1996

Well,,,,it's not brilliant I'm afraid. In fact I turned it off after
Ziontrain. Thing is, it's not going to turn on a lot of techno-heads
into HW fans, (that's if they ever hear it, as it looks like a HW album
not a techno compilation) and it's not going to turn many HW fans on to
techno if they're not already. If it's a techno album you want there's
much better available. I had to put on The Chemical Brothers remix of
Manic Street Preachers "Scream to A Sigh" VERY LOUD to get the old brain
moving again. I wish I could upload that tune to this group, as NO-ONE
could fail to respond to this perfect blend of crunching guitars and
mind-expanding synthy wop-wop-wops SWOOOSH NYYYOWWWS!!!!
If anyone's interested its off the WIPEOUT (Playstation game) Soundtrack
album (along with Orbital, Prodigy, Dreadzone etc.) But I digress.
I don't want to seem harsh and anyone who knows me will know I'm a HW
apologist, they can do no wrong and I never heard a HW album i didn't
like but this isn't the Hawks so...

I can certainly understand why Dave Brock didn't recognise the songs. To
a large extent I didn't either. I will listen to it again and it might
grow on me but for now...   2** out of 5*****
--
Jon Browne

ObCD Chemical Brothers "Exit Planet Dust"