BOC: Sets

Wed Jul 31 08:31:58 EDT 1996

Robo sez:

>I hear the reason that BOC sets have been short of late are due to Eric
losing his voice...much of the changes in the set have been attributed to
this factor, as all the songs being added are sung by Donald Roeser...

Could be a factor - Bolle recently told me he was concerned that Eric's
been having some problems with his voice as of late.  That could account
for the addition of more Buck-sung tunes.  But, I do think that some
of the shortness of the sets is also due to the the number of acts on
the bill.  BOC has played abbreviated sets in the past.

Bryan queries:

>Did we lose "Harvester of Eyes" & "Career of Evil"?  Haven't seen them
show up in a long time.

HOE was played, I believe, in the summer of '94 when I saw them, but
haven't heard of it being used much since.  COE has been absent for at
least 3 years, I believe.

So, the stuff that's been revived from the vaults into the live shows over
the past year or so are:

Shooting Shark
The Vigil
Lips In The Hills
In Thee
The Great Sun Jester (played a few times last summer, but appears to have
been dropped)

Back in the '91-'93 timeframe, the band also revived the following for
a brief time:  Career of Evil, Unknown Tongue, and Teen Archer (which
still finds its way into the current sets every now and again).

At some point, I may try and have an entry in the FAQ that at least in
general terms lists BOCs standard sets through the years.  Bolle may be
doing something similar with his tape-collectors guide, though, so for
the time being, I'm holding off (although I've got lots of setlists,
and at some point might post to BOC-l).

John