rotten chestnuts

Ted Jackson jr. EL 84 TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Jul 31 14:49:09 EDT 1996

> Ted Jackson jr. EL 84 writes:
> >
> > > Hm, I'd like to see a gig where they'd replaced Reaper, Godzilla and Cities
> > > with three others. I;ve heard enough versions of those by now...
> > >
> > > Jerry
> >
> > Toss in Born to be Wild while you're at it!
>
> Oddly enough, I don't think I've ever seen that one.  Not that I mind.
> The cover song encore was always the weakest point of any BOC show for
> me (especially when it was Roadhouse Blues, which I have seen a couple
> of times).  BOC have so many great songs that we never get to hear,
> the last thing I want is for them to play somebody else's tunes.

Funny, 'cause I haven't seen them in a few years, so I haven't heard
any of the 'new' songs (Harvest, See You, etc) that some are already
getting sick of!  But I'm pretty sure that they've done BtbW every
time I've seen them.  But, esp. if they're playing short, which seems
to be the concensus these past few days, it really does make it too
bad if they play covers or the same tired tunes...

> They'll never drop the Big Three, though.  If only because not
> *everybody* at the show has all their albums, and has seen them
> umpteen times already... those casual fans expect to hear the songs
> they know from the radio.
>
> Steve
> swann at panix.com

Sad but true!