OFF but ON: Timothy Leary

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Sat Jun 1 07:59:10 EDT 1996

>   Today the world lost a great visionary, a mind that grasped realities
> which most of us cannot imagine, let alone experience.  May he relish
> the ultimate trip.  This day I mourn.

        Not entirely off topic this--there's a clear HW connection since
there was some weird benefit gig HW was doing for Leary while he was in
jail.  And I think his wife said that ol' Tim and she considered Hawkwind
the most highly evolved band on the planet (presumably from a mental/
spiritual point of view ;)

        Good ol' Tim--who said nothing interesting ever came out of
Harvard? :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)