BBQ Review

jean l delacour delacour at UNM.EDU
Sun Jun 2 22:43:30 EDT 1996

BOC-l;

  Jean & I just returned from a 5 day vacation in SF, to include the
1st Annual BOC BBQ.  To sum things up, we had a great time with some
very nice people.

  Che (#1 BOC Fan) picked us up at our hotel early Saturday morning and
drove an hour up north to Santa Rosa. We were greeted at the door by the
Brewmeister, Charlie Gow and by Doug (DWNTHEMTN).  We helped set up a few
things, such as making "Backstage Pass Laminates" for all BOC fans who
were to attend (about 10 in all).  Charlie treated us to some excellent
food such as his BBQ beans, which he aptly called "Devine Wind".  He also
made a great BBQ sauce that he calls "The Red & The Black".  We were off-
ered some of his homebrew, but I don't drink.  However, those in attendance
claim that his brands of beers are very good.

  We spent all day talking about, what else, BOC, watching videos from the
past and present and listening to CDs and live BOC tapes.  Other BOC-FC
people in attendance were Ed & Anita (from LA), Jack & Alma (from WA),
Doug (also from WA), Che (from Bay Area) and a few people that were to
come on Sunday, which we did not attend on that day.  We left full, tired
and happy at about 11PM and Che was nice enough to give us a ride back to
our hotel in SF.

  In all, we had a great time and it was well worth the effort to make that
1,000 mile trip from Albuquerque to SF to spend some time with great people
talking about the greatest band in rock and roll.  Plans are underway for
next year's BBQ.  We will see what will happen.

God bless...

Manuel &
Jean Delacour
University of New Mexico