HW: Kris Tait/Dave Brock

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Tue Jun 4 14:40:36 EDT 1996

cjohnson writes:

>        Just picked up a copy of Kris Tait's book "Do Not Panic", published
>        in very early eighties.  Contains a history of HW up to about 1979.
>        Apparently Kris was a regular at HW shows for many a year, and she
>        also used to run some branch of HW merchandising.

>        I understand that Dave Brock's wife is also named Kris.  Is this by
>        any chance the same woman?

I thought that Kris was living with Dave but I didn't realise they'd been
married.

>        If indeed this is her, did she write
>        this book before or after marrying the chief Hawklord?

I guess. Dave's previous wife committed suicide I believe (?) which
inspired the song "Motherless Children".

>        Does she
>        have any obvious business involvement with HW these days?

She's usually at the gigs working the merchandise stall.

>        Any data appreciated for this curious Hawkfan...

Such info is hard to come by. Dave Brock is very adamant about his
private life staying private, which is a lot of the reason he can be
hostile to fans who just turn up at his farm.

>        Captain Cloud

FoFP