OFF : sig.

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Jun 5 14:06:39 EDT 1996

>Chris Baxley wrote:
>>
>> Jon writes:
>> > Hawkwind without Dave Brock is NOT Hawkwind. :-)
>>
>> Neither is Hawkwind without Nik Turner.
>> Well, a ship can't have two captains, can it? Who's steered the ship
>thru hell and high water? Helmsman of the Spaceship Hawkwind, mr. Dave
>Brock!! Turner was like the mad navigator or something... If Brock buys
>it (lets hope not for at least another 25+ years...), who knows, maybe
>Nik will come along to scavenge whats left of Hawkwind. Sorry if I sound
>morbid here, but the whole NikWind thing bothers the hell outta me. I
>mean, look at the Grateful Dead (again)... just because Robert Hunter
>was a very important part of the whole idea and music that was the Dead,
>Garcia was the glue that kept it together. Nobody went around claiming
>they were the Dead, everybody just seemed to accept that it was A
>BAND (and later a corporation...), not TWO. Im running out of bad
>metaphors here, so i'll toss whats left of this last one to the
>hounds...

I suppose this isn't a good time to bring up the example of Pink Floyd...

Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Guildmaster of Reeves                          of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)