HW: Brock and/or Turner

Christian Mumford mumford at EUNET.NO
Thu Jun 6 06:39:54 EDT 1996

M Holmes wrote:

> Bernhard Pospiech writes:
>
> > Hi there
> >
> > Just listen to all the tapes/gigs between the Turner-years 1982 and 1984
> > and you will know why HAWKWIND was during this time a better PUNK-band but
> > not a SPACEROCK-band.
> >
> > This should be the answer to all fans who want to hear good SPACEROCK from
> > our favorite band

I thought that HW from the very start were in many ways a punk band (and
so do many of its members - including Nik of course)... Stuff like Urban
Guerilla, Brainbox Pollution, even Days of The Underground are relevant
examples of this attitude. Simple heavy riffing music with a socially
concious and rebellious attitude. Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet also
mentioned this in a interview, and I believe Brock once said during the
early years that HW were "urban music for urban kids". Of course HW have
given birth to/hung out with what I consider punk bands (Motorhead,
Inner City Unit, Pink Fairies)....

Christian