HW: Amsterdam

Bill Stewart Stewartbas at AOL.COM
Thu Jun 6 10:08:54 EDT 1996

>[ OFF: You know that "Yankees" is derived from two very common Dutch names,
>"Jan" (a bit like John) and "Kees" (comparable to Charles)? ]

I live just outside NYC and the Dutch influence here is great. The city I was
born in is called Yonkers which is Dutch. In fact I have a Dutch Uncle
teaching at the University in Leiden. he will be in the States visiting while
i'm in Amsterdam seeing HW. Where is the coffee shop called the Greenhouse in
relation to the Paradiso. From what I understand this is the best in
Amsterdam.