BOC: Goldmine article

Thu Jun 6 10:40:47 EDT 1996

Andy sez:

>but...  I think it's a bit of a missed opportunity.  There's tons of
_stuff_ in there, but a lot of it isn't, like, very interesting, and he seems
to hurriedly draw a discreet veil over proceedings when they do threaten to
become interesting.

Well, I may represent the minority of Goldmine readers, but I found it all
very interesting - perhaps overkill for most people, but I've been waiting
along time for such a "ton of stuff" like that to be availble.  As far as
the "discreet veil...when they do threaten to become interesting", I guess
I'm not surprised, so I really wasn't dissappointed.  I mean, I would never
expect alot of the ugly details, especially with someone like Bolle
contributing to the article.  As has been stated here before, alot of the
details deal with people's personal lives, and are no business but their
own.  And, alot of the stuff depends on various people's points of view --
one of the things I found particularly interesting about the article was
getting different takes on the same events by different people.  However,
I'm sure that if they printed the different takes by the major players on
some of the big controversial things, it would probably suddenly sound
like 2 or 3 different stories being told at once -- for example, after the
release of *Imaginos*, there were 2 articles in 2 seperate issues of
Kerrang! magazine.  One was with an interview with Albert, the other was
with an interview with Sandy Pearlman and Eric Bloom -- as you might imagine,
the 2 articles paint completely different pictures.

I'm not saying the Goldmine article couldn't have tried to address these
thorny topics more fully, but I can't say I expected them to.

>What I really want is for Albert to write his memoirs :)

That would definitely be cool reading.  Based on my conversations with Bolle,
my face-to-face and e-mail conversations with Al and Deb, and my limited
contact via e-mail with a few other members of BOC, my perception is that
if anyone in the band would lay out the history of the band without pulling
any punches, Albert would be the one for the job.

John