Tim doesn't FTR

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Thu Jun 6 11:41:43 EDT 1996

On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, John A Swartz wrote:

> laugh at your own death fine, but laugh at someone else's?  Personally,
> I thought the whole idea of broadcasting your death (be it over the
> internet, radio, or cable TV) is both dumb and useless -- death is a

People pay handsomely every day of the year to watch people die---often in
lingering, graphic detail---in cinemas and on cable TV screens all across
the world.  An entire industry has sprung up to satisfy this "ghoulish"
urge.  When we watch actors die/be killed/mutilated/etc. in films it is
called "entertainment."  When someone actually threatens to do it for
real, it is apparently labelled "dumb and useless."  Maybe Tim was onto
something there after all...

Cheers,

Paul.

obCriminalWasteOfSpace: End of track 11, Kyuss, _And The Circus Leaves Town_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.