Tim doesn't FTR

Thu Jun 6 13:38:10 EDT 1996

Paul says:

>People pay handsomely every day of the year to watch people die---often in
lingering, graphic detail---in cinemas and on cable TV screens all across
the world.

True.  But IMHO that's different from a "real" death.  I mean, everyone
who pays to watch deaths on cinema/TV know that it isn't real, no matter
how good the special effects are.  And, I don't believe in general they
watch specifically because they are interested in death.  They may be
interested in the stories created which cause these deaths, or they
may be interested in seeing gore, but I don't think they are specifically
going to see death.

John