Tim doesn't FTR

William Fuller fswof at AURORA.ALASKA.EDU
Thu Jun 6 16:08:03 EDT 1996

On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, Andrew A. Apold wrote:

> Ever seen one of those "Faces of Death" videos?  Nothing but real
> death, electrocutions, police killed by a gator, a vaction camcorder
> of a beheading in Arabia, hangings, etc.  There's so successful
> that they are now up to the 9th installment of the series, and imitation
> videos are showing up from other companies.  A recent one had a
> guy who blew his brains out with a gun, some politician who was about
> to go down, on tape....

I hate to say this but most of the "death" footage in Faces of Death is
fake. The already-dead corpses and some of the shootings, etc are real, but
much of the scenes where people die are obviously staged, for instance
the close-up of the guy being electrocuted. (There has never been an
officially filmed execution in the USA as far as I know. If there has
been, the footage has never been seen by the public. The closest we got
was two still photographs taken of an electrocution in the 1930s, and
that was only because a reporter hid a camera in his pants leg.

William Fuller   fswof at aurora.alaska.edu