off: Phish?

SKARSOL skarsol at IX.NETCOM.COM
Thu Jun 6 13:26:21 EDT 1996

Ed Gallagher wrote:

> >    I noticed in NME that Phish are playing in London on the 11th
> >   of July. Does anyone recommend going to see them?
> >
> >    bye - Rob
> >

> If you are a Dead fan at all...YES.========================================================================       i must say this.phish is one of the very best shows i have ever
seen.liking the dead is a good indication that you will like phish,
but is definitely not a prerequisite.if you like funky jazz psychedelia,
mixed with a bit of goof-ball foolery,check 'em out.the only real
comparison to the dead that i have seen, is their tendency to slide into
long spacey jams,guaranteed to overwhelm the senses,and get the feet
tappin' at least.
additionally, all members are excellent showmen,and their stage antics
alone are worth seeing.
i have four of their albums, and the live experience absolutely dwarfs
the studio efforts.
i STRONGLY recommend the live double cd called "a live one".
rj