BOC: Goldmine/UK

Matthew Braun mbraun at RAYGUN.URBANA.MCD.MOT.COM
Fri Jun 7 01:32:18 EDT 1996

On Thu, 6 Jun 1996 12:31:49 -0400, Paul Mather <paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU> wrote:

>Finally, I couldn't help but recall that scene from _Spinal Tap_ when I
>read Bloom's appraisal of the current BOC lineup, in which he states, "To
>tell you the truth, I don't think we've ever played any better. . . . We
>certainly have [now] the best musicians we've ever had. . . . *I* think
>it's the best [BOC] band that's ever been."  You know the scene: Nigel
>Tufnel has just left the band, and the rockumentary director asks David
>St. Hubbins for his reaction and he says, basically, something along the
>lines of "we've lost a lot of personnel during our history, Nigel won't be
>the first; he won't be the last."  The director, aghast, challenges him on
>this, citing the seminal importance of Tufnel in the band, and St.
>Hubbins finally concedes, admitting something along the lines of "well,
>I'm sure I'd feel a lot worse about it if I weren't on such heavy
>medication..." ;-)

This is, to my mind, one of the keenest observations on the state of BOC
made on this list in *YEARS*.  Art imitating Life imitating Art.

Mr. Mather, my hat's off to you.  Please take (no less than) one bow. :-)

                                        m@

+-mbraun at urbana.mcd.mot.com-+-- Won't get a chance to drink myself ------[MB]-+
|   Matt Braun -- Motorola, |     Into a tragic fall into the grave           |
|  Urbana, IL Design Centre |   Love to go out in a blaze of glory            |
+---Special Projects Team --+---  But it looks like I'll just fade away  -----+