Tim doesn't FTR

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK
Fri Jun 7 03:56:54 EDT 1996

John wrote:

> Well, I agree with DK - I don't think there's alot of merit in watching
> someone die.  While we perhaps should not fear the reaper (even though
> most of us probably do on some level), I don't think observing someone
> else's encounter with the reaper is necessary beneficial to any of us,

There's a Dutch T.V. film about voluntary euthanasia in which a
terminally ill chap is helped die by his Doctor. The point of the
film is to show the decision making process he, his wife and the
Doc went through not to show the death. However they do show him
dying and it is one of the most moving and beautiful things I've
seen on T.V.

If the film helps others to come to terms with their own, or their
loved ones decisions about voluntary euthanasia then I think it IS
beneficial.

Chris