Re Tap factors

Christian Mumford mumford at EUNET.NO
Fri Jun 7 11:08:25 EDT 1996

M R Godwin wrote:

> The Tap Factor Index seems to be built up from a group of subsidiary
> random scores for:
>
> 70s clothing
> Being English
> Arguing on tour
> Girlfriend trouble
> Weary lyrics
> Great stage sets ("and where are they now, the little people of
>                    Stone'enge?"
> Iron Maiden... Motorhead (WWII Plane!)... AC/DC... Alice Cooper... Kiss
all have (had) great stage sets... I'd have to chuck in Status Quo as
the ultimate 60s/70s cheesy dinosaur group (they started in the sixties
with pseudo-psychedelia under different names as well...) If it hadn't
been for Queen's consistent line-up they'd score high on the Tap list.

As for me scoring Love so high, the reason is that I just read the bio
that came with Rhino's great "Love Story" Box set....among other things
they had a roadie who stole all their equipment and van and sold it to
get junk. He died of a heroin overdose the next day!! Of course Lee
"dedicated" a song to him. There were also several instances of members
disappearing and reappearing and Lee sacking everybody (after "Forever
Changes") along with other Tapesque situations. He just toured Europe
with a new "Love", and I saw them in Oslo, and it was an incredible
show. (sorry if I'm a little off track here...)

Somebody should sit down and work out all the different Tap factors and
create an average Tap Factor system based on raw data..... just an idea!

Christian